Monday, January 5, 2009

12:47

Dear blog, I am not being good to you! Since having a stupid cold=going to bed early and waking up late, I do have an excuse! Plus I need to work off that vacation laziness. But, in totally non-fashion related news, on Sunday I went to a huge track meet, in which due to my friend's sickness I ended up running the two-mile instead of my signature (haha) one-mile. And, surprise surprise, it wasn't nearly as bad as you would think; I ended up coming in third in my heat of about 30 people and was 17 seconds off the state qualifying time, so I ended getting switched to the two-mile permanently! Wow, things change quickly. It was hilarious to see my absent friend's name on the big scoreboard-type thing instead of mine though, because my name is totally Danielle.



Mad leg disproportioness!

My lovely new booties.
Target dress. Forever 21 lace gloves, studded rings, and pearl bracelet. Wet Seal charm bracelet and necklaces. Vintage hunting belt. Minnetonka moccasin boots.

Today I wore this with my black faux fur H&M jacket over it as well since it was rather cold (picture me at the bus stop at 7 AM, when the temperature's below freezing, in nude fishnets, which my friend fashion commentator Erika astutely called "the most pointless tights ever").

Oh yes, and I forgot:
Ahaha sledding at night on a sticky, non-steep hill=the best. Now I really need to be getting to bed.

P.S. It's totally my quarter birthday! Time to get my freakin' learner's permit.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your outfit is really great it reminds me of the Teen Vogue spread with Amanda Seyfried from a little while ago

alana de haan said...

i have to say, i love how adventurous you are with your outfits. it's honestly awesome how you're not afraid of trying new things. seriously jealous.
keep it up, ;)

lizbeth said...

Ummmmm... I love everything about this outfit! I can't find the PERFECT dress like that yet.

Also... I've placed a link to your blog on my blog because it's a blog that I love to read. You don't have to swap links or do the same for me if you don't want to, but if you're willing, I'd love if you would.

The Stylish Wanderer said...

happpy new year! love those gloves sooo much!!!

The Stylish Wanderer said...

oh and lady! get better!

Anonymous said...

heyy, you're getting really good at posing now.

yiqin; said...

Ah I love your gloves & how you wore pearls wit them. So lovely.

Anonymous said...

well, hi.

i've been reading your blog for a while (and now realise how stalkerish that phrase sounds- kinda like "i know what you did last summer" but... not) and have only just gotten my own blog and so can actually comment now. yaaaay.

i know, break out the party hats and streamers, hey?
anyway. so the actual point of this comment- I like the dress. and i'm v. jealous that your target over there actually seems to stock above-decent stuff. Here everything is plus sized, strangely enough... :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
FashionSqueah! said...

I love the lace gloves, especially with the pearls! Char x

Anonymous said...

That is a really cute outfit, especially the gloves and bracelets! And it does remind me of Amanda Seyfried's cover in Teen Vogue!

<3 Sarah

Anonymous said...

cute gloves:) love the dress too!

lily m said...

heheh I wore a similar outfit today! awesome dress !

Anna Shapiro said...

The lace loves are gorgeous, oh my god.

I need some like now, haha

Wednesday, Juliet, India said...

i love this outfit, i love your confidence, and i loooove your lace gloves! oh man. anyway, i love your blog and i hope you don't mind that i linked it on mine...if you would like to link mine, it is zulu2011.blogspot.com, but by all means don't feel obligated. although my last few downer non-fashion posts are kind of off-putting. not usually the type to spill personal stuff online but i just went through kind of a tough breakup...will be back to normal soon. wow this comment is unnecessarily long but parting note, looove your blog and style etc. etc. etc.

-w

WendyB said...

Love your vintage Madonna gloves.

alice said...

I love the clashingness of it all

also, sledging!