Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Away From Here

This was the outfit I wore last week but forgot to post. Since today was... um, sucky to say the least I showed up at school in sweats (gasp!) and no makeup. No makeup! asddklsjfldksjjdslfsd! God forbid! But the funny thing is I don't think I've gone out in public 100% makeup free for like 2.5 years, so... yeah. It was kind of like not wearing underwear or something. Like something was kind of off. But it was liberating too because I could rub my eyes all I wanted! Haha.... Well the really weird thing was I had like 1 minute where I could have put makeup on but I decided not to because... I don't know. I wanted to see if I could go to school like that. Yeah I'm a weirdo.


Thrifted Sonia Rykiel blazer. H&M shirt. Zara pants. Wet Seal necklaces. Converse sneakers.

The weird thing was no one commented on my lack of makeup and the fact that I was not dressed normally, for me at least (for many at my school, sweats=normal). I'm sure they noticed and just didn't want to say anything.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

i absolutely adore the pants!!!!!!

WendyB said...

They must have been distracted by your perfect hair.

Anonymous said...

I Like the shirt!

<3 Sarah

emily said...

very brave of you to go without makeup. i'm too vain to go without it!! (except when i wear my glasses, of course...)

elysia mann said...

do you feel empowered now?

i wrote a feature on weardrobe, check it out?

http://www.weardrobe.com/fashion/long-grey-cardigan

Cait said...

I dont think I have gone to school without make up for four years! Thats cool that you were able to do that, I wouldnt be able to:]

Oh and I love you blazer!!!

emily said...

cool blazer.
i started blogging again (wow... we all saw that coming, lawlz.)
http://findyourownwayhome.blogspot.com
(:

What is Reality Anyway? said...

to me, this is a PERFECT look, well done x

Kelly said...

I LOVE the converse with this outfit. it makes it just perfect!

Suzanne said...

I love that blazer, so cute :)

The Stylish Wanderer said...

omg. freakin amazing sonia blazer. so jealoussss

yiqin; said...

Ah yes, when I did not put on my eyeliner. I am glad that I can finally rub my eyes whenever I want! Haven't gone out without makeup for AGES

FashionSqueah! said...

I love that blazer, so amazing! I always get asked if I'm ill when I'm not wearing make-up! But the rubbing your eyes thing is soo true! Char x

Anonymous said...

Wow I love this outfit...
There's something about those pants and sneakers together! lol

lily m said...

OH MY FING GOD THE BLAZER

that will be all

Claire Geist said...

that blazer is quite possibly one of the best finds ever!!!


you have superb style, dear!!