Thursday, January 3, 2008

I Love Magazines. I Need Help.

I have an addiction, and it is to magazines. Some people may laugh, but my mom sure doesn't.

In all seriousness, I absolutely love reading fashion magazines. I'm subscribed to Vogue, Harper's Bazaar, Teen Vogue (basically all the big ones except for Elle, which I still have to buy), Lucky (I'm not sure how I became subscribed, but I'm not complaining), Nylon (did anyone else take advantage of the free year available on the Urban Outfitters? It's still up as of 1/3) and maybe Seventeen, not that that's exactly a fashion magazine (I did a quick survey thing but I'm not sure if I get a free issue or whole subscription...).

But I HAVE to read each issue cover-to-cover or I might miss something. And I'm really bad at throwing them away. I have huge piles accumulating around the house. Finally, my mom got me to throw away all the old Luckys and InStyles because they seemed slightly more disposable than the others for whatever reason. But recently, I keep thinking of things I want to find in them and then I realize that they're gone. Anyone else have any idea what I'm talking about?

Oh and by the way, Happy New Year!

1 comment:

alana de haan said...

oh man... i am exactly the same. however, i don't have any subscriptions. i used to work at a drug store so i bought at least 2 every shift. and i have this huge pile in my room that has almost reached the ceiling.. also, do you find that you can't bear to cut up your nylon magazines? i just can't.. it's too hard haha.