These are pretty easy to make! So enjoy.
You will need:
-sewing pattern for very simple elastic-waist shorts (I used this one)
-sewing machine (duh)
-about 1 yard of fabric (satin-y fabric looks best)
-3 pieces of elastic; 1/2 inch works well but you might want a smaller width for the leg openings.
What To Do:
1. Cut out the pattern a size or two larger than you would usually, depending on how much poufyness you want. I also cut the inseam of the pattern shorts.
2. Sew the shorts according to the instructions, up to the point where you hem the bottom of the legs.
3. Put the elastic in the leg openings as you did for the waist (make sure it fits tightly enough [but not too tightly] around your thighs).
4. And you're done!
I'm sorry I've been M.I.A. for a few days, I've been sick. I'll add the skirt instructions when I have a computer to use (I'm typing this on my iTouch... so freaking annoying).
And now for the skirt!
You will need:
-At least 1 yard of a fabric of your choice (more if you want more volume; the reddish skirt uses 1.5 yards), stiffer fabric works best
-elastic for the waist
What to do:
1. Cut the fabric lengthwise to the length desired (be sure to account for the hem and the waist!)
2. Sew it into a tube
3. Add the elastic into the waist (this is actually more of a task than it sounds...)
4. Stitch the bottom part up (I did it by hand as to show minimum thread but it looks kind of sloppy so doing it by machine might be better if you're not an experience hand-sewer)
5. And you have a beautiful, voluminous skirt!