Tuesday, December 25, 2007

I Got the Goods

This Christmas was pretty good, but no surprises. I finally got my silver lamé American Apparel leggings (and of course ElleGirl says they'll be out in 2008.... but whatever), my Minnetonka lace-up moccasin boots, and my checkered Vans. Other clothes I got included a slightly too big brown v-neck sweater by Arizona (it's cozy anyway... I'm wearing it now!), a brown lace-trim cami, also a bit too big but perfect for summer (all this brown! Seriously, I went through my brown clothing phase in 7th grade! But I guess it's a color that looks good on me...), and a shirt that, honestly, is much more my mom's taste than mine. I should regift it to her :P. But hey, it's the thought that counts. Despite my constant complaints of the sub-40 minute battery life of my iPod, there was no replacement. However, we did get the Wii my brother was practically begging for. Hmm...

Joking, of course. That iPod Touch cost twice as much as the Wii....

Later this week I'm going shopping in Harvard Square with my friend. We'll probably go to Urban Outfitters for clothes and Newbury Comics for CDs. Hopefully I'll get some more stuff!

I managed to get myself a 20% discount on the American Apparel online store, so I just made a rather big purchase there.


But what am I going to wear under this dress? It is very low-cut in the back.

I've been in love with this dress for a while. It's a great way to do/fake the super-high-waisted look.

And I've though of quite a few outfits to go with these leggings! The problem with the silver is I have no idea how to wear them. I'd love to wear them alone but that might be kind of eh... plus they seemed rather, um, saggy. But I'll work it out!

Oh yes, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! And if you don't celebrate Christmas, just enjoy the break.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hey I just read through your past blog posts and I have to say I like it so far! I'm especially flattered that you copied my outfit with the Alice Temperly blouse. I can completely sympathize with you about the whole going into high school and finding a new look bit as well, last year I was a freshman and wore all Abercrombie but this year I got bored and decided to change things up. I'll definitely keep reading!

Wendy said...

I'm glad I came across because I really like your blog. The "fake" high waist dress just gave me some ideas.

Merry Xmas!

Stararah said...

I like your blog. :)

AA is amazzzzing.

Unknown said...

I got that discount too! It was so great. I invested in a bodysuit, I wonder how good of an idea that was...

Isabel said...

It sounds like you have pretty rad style!