Tuesday, September 4, 2007

NYC Nails

I went downtown yesterday, hoping to find at least one open nail salon in which I could purchase Russian Navy. But, as it was labor day, everything was closed. :( So instead I went to CVS to attempt to find a good (temporary) substitute. Many drugstore nail brands were slow catching on with navy and even deep purple colors, but to my elation I found a cool-looking polish from New York Colors, a.k.a. NYC: Long-Wearing (haha yeah right) Nail Enamel in Skin Tight Denim Creme 115A. It was a mid-to-dark, metallic blue and it was only $1, so how could I not get it? Now, I have purchased two bottles of polish from NYC previously (Black Lace Creme and Polyester Pink Creme) and was not impressed by the quality. But Skin Tight Denim Creme went on just as easily as any OPI or Essie would. Perhaps it was because I was already wearing OPI Nail Envy. Even so, I'm in love! Two or even just one coat shows up as a gorgeous deep blue that is metallic but not glittery (yay yay yay!). Much love!

No comments: