Sunday, September 2, 2007

Nailing Navy

Blue is one of my favorite colors, and it is very prominent in my wardrobe, as it is as my mom says, "my color." It looks good with my hair and brings out my eyes. I have loads of blue shirts, blue skirts, and don't even get me started on how many pairs of blue jeans I have. And now, one of the biggest trends for fall is navy nails! As far as painting my nails blue, the first time was in fifth grade with a super-sparkly true blue. Not a good look. It was tacky! The next time was this summer, when I bought Sephora polish in 55 (turquoise blue) which I put it on to gorgeous results. Now, I'm planning to try navy for fall. Right now, I'm biased towards OPI's Russian Navy from their Russian Collection, because I already got Siberian Nights and I absolutely love it, it's the perfect deep purple but I digress. Here's Russian Navy:


It looks rather purple-y in the picture, doesn't it? But here's how it looks on:

Also in consideration are Ink and Light My Sapphire from OPI's Night Brights collection. Light My Sapphire is a dark blue-black while Ink is somewhat lighter and is a purple-blue. Both have considerable shimmer.

From left: Ink, Light My Sapphire, My Private Jet (this shade is not navy!)

And here's another shot of Ink, under different lighting, showing off the purple tones.


The reason I like Russian Navy the best is it's the least sparkly and I don't really like glittery polishes that much for some reason. I'll probably get Russian Navy but I might get Ink too despite its sparkly-ness.... But the only way I'll know which one I'll get is when I get it, because I'm notorious for changing my mind at the last minute ;).

Pictures from All Laquered Up

No comments: